Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vinny, Vin D, Vici: Auditioning

Courtesy of YouTube
A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post about how much I abhor auditioning and the reason(s) why that is so. Today, while coasting blogs (I have no idea how I landed anywhere), I found one that talked about type-casting and on that post was a reference to Vin Diesel's short film called Multi-Facial, a pun on the word multi-racial. I never considered Vin Diesel much as an actor. What I mean by that is, I never thought of him as a good or bad actor. I, usually, just went to see his Fast & the Furious films for the dreamy Paul Walker. Goodness, that man's smile!

I digress.

So I looked up the film and my search landed me on this blog post. I have to say, after watching the Vin Diesel short, I'm really impressed with the piece. And, thinking back, I guess he's always been believable in his Fast & the Furious role, so much so that I took the character for granted. I looked at it as this was just a guy playing himself. But, after viewing the short, I've come to realize that whatever his name is in the FF movies (just heard that the name is Dom Torretto) is just a role, a character. And I also came to the realization that Vin Diesel, when I can't see his muscles (I'm so not attracted to big muscles), is really, really, really cute, especially with hair on his head. Yum.

Anyhoo, I've embedded the YouTube clips to the short below for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy. And, back off, the Diesel's mine. ;)

QoMV



No comments:

Post a Comment