Saturday, July 7, 2012

100th Blog Post: Browsing Blogs

First off: IT'S...
Whoo-to the muthafreakin'-hoo! To quote the Rhodes Scholar, Paris Hilton, "That's hot."  :D

Secondly:

I've spent part of the morning and early afternoon browsing blogs (trying to make it my summer habit to read more of them). One thing I've noticed that most, if not all, do is ask questions at the end of each entry. Now, I'm not saying it's wrong to do; I mean, who am I, a novice blogger with a mere five subscribers, to say such a thing?

I'm sure there is a blogger handbook somewhere that says this is a must. But I, personally, find it annoying. I feel like the asking of such questions demands a response from me and that I'm no longer a voyeuristic reader getting a glimpse into the mind of the writer. I guess that would be the point of the questioning, to elicit comments from the readers but I can't say that I like it.

In fact, alluding to the contrary nature I spoke of at the bottom of an earlier post, I defiantly move past the blog on to the next one. I mean, if I feel compelled to say something in response to what I read, I do so. No one ever has to ask me for my opinion because I definitely possess one or two or three. But that's just me.

Again, I'm not saying it's wrong; it's just not my flavor of kool-aid so I won't be drinking that punch. If it means I get no responses from my anonymous readers then I guess I'll just have to live with that. Besides, I write for me and I get satisfaction from knowing you're out there taking the time to read my words anyway.

So read on, reader. If you have something to say, say it; if not, thanks for stopping by.

So, readers, do you feel...hahahahahahahaha! I'm just playing. Enjoy your weekend.

QoMV

No comments:

Post a Comment