Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Two Year Plan

Ok, I've figured it out; I've got a plan. A two-year one. If you know me, then you know what a big deal it is for me to have a plan. After my life was thrown off track when I was 16, I gave up on making plans. In fact, I found it near impossible to create one. But, this week, maybe as a result of the 90-day plan, the ideas shaped up into the short-term and long-term goals you see below.

                     YEAR ONE (Starting June 2nd-- 33rd birthday, YAY!)
 1) Get back to working out.
 2) Renew my teaching certificate.
 3) Take an ESOL workshop.
 4) Go for National Board certification.
 5) Teach six periods next year.
 6) Re-enter the MFA program at National University.

                     YEAR TWO (34)
 7) Teach one last year in my current school.
 8) Achieve National Board certification.
 9) Save money.
10) Complete my MFA.
11) Shop the resulting screenplay that comes from completing the program.
12) Look for an adjunct faculty position to generate extra income.
13) Watch my oldest son graduate from high school.
14) Look for employment (if need be while pursuing freelance writing) and high schools (for my youngest) in New York.
15) Get my oldest son situated in college. =)
16) Scope out living arrangements in New York.
17) Move to New York.

Not an impossible plan, just one that requires tenacity and hard work. But it's one that has created peace in my soul.

QoMV

No comments:

Post a Comment