Thursday, February 17, 2011

30-day Challenge Update

Obviously, it's a bust. Literally. Sat, Feb 5th, started out great. I got my first Mary Kay makeover. But, as I was on my way to pick my son up from a birthday party before heading out to a semi-pro football game, I got in a car accident, which rendered my Jeep useless. It was my fault. I'm okay. Physically.

What that did for me was send me in a downward spiral of shock, disappointment, and self-recrimination because there I was about to fail at completing something again. Without transportation or a "gracious" ride, I found myself without the means to complete several of the activities I had planned. Truthfully, thinking about it now, that's fine b/c most of the firsts I'd completed involved some kind of self-inflicted pain-- and I had yet to get my tattoo.

Maybe one day, I'll start the challenge up again.

But, for now, my car's still down with new problem after new problem being discovered with each repair. I'm just ready to throw in the towel on it. But I have a feeling I'm supposed to be using this down time for some God time.

Ciao.

QoMV


No comments:

Post a Comment