Sunday, May 5, 2013

Riding Shotgun

I've come to realize I'm round peg who can't fit in a square hole. Many societies want women to be submissive but that is not in the cards of life I've been dealt. I've seriously had to do and fight for myself since I was a little girl. I was indirectly raised to be independent; my life events have consistently been ones where I've had to struggle and learn for myself-- and one thing I've learned through observation and experience is that there are too many people who find it easy to walk away from things worth fighting for. So at this point in my life, the only kind of relationship I welcome is one where we learn, grow, and build together. Don't try to put me in the backseat; I'm riding shotgun. I'm tired of driving anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment